Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Vista on a Mac

This is a video of the new Window Vista being run on an Apple MacBook. I have to say that I'm afraid Vista's ability to run on an Apple is the biggest improvement over Windows XP. My prediction is that Vista will be the last operating system that Microsoft releases in the traditional sense. With the internet today there really isn't anything in Vista that we can't already get with a simple search of Download.com. Microsoft is proud of Tabbed Browsing and faster internet. I've had these for quite a while now with Firefox. This video also showcases "Aero Glass" which makes parts of windows transparent. This feature came standard with my Acer notebook via a small app called Acer GridVista. To be honest I never use it, I just find it annoying. We've hit a point where new things become old news so quickly that the concept of a major operating system release has been done away with by constant updates, patches, extensions, and hacks. As I said though, I am looking forward to having Windows on a Mac.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home